Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Review: Fear of Falling by S.L. Jennings



Author Disclaimer: Abuse is real- verbal, emotional, physical and sexual. It takes place all around us; it doesn’t discriminate against race or gender, wealth or poverty. It affects us all- those of us who’ve had to live through it, or watch it happen, even those of us who’ve only heard about it. We are all affected. We are all forever changed. 


This is not a story for the faint of heart; this is the story of one woman’s very real struggle through a world against her, the people who hurt her, her real life demons and the people who showed her that every gray sky, no matter how dark, has a sun waiting to break through.


I can’t remember the last time I felt completely safe. Security seemed more like a luxury to me, reserved for those who were fortunate enough to have picture perfect childhoods. For those who didn’t bear the ugly scars that keep me bound in constant, debilitating fear. I’ve run from that fear my entire life. But when I met him, for once, I couldn’t run anymore.

He scared the hell out of me in a way that excited every fiber of my being. It wasn’t the tattoos or the piercings. It wasn’t the warmth that seemed to radiate from his frame and blanket me whenever he was near. It was just…him. The scary beautiful man that threatened to alter 23 years of routine and rituals, and make me face my crippling fear.

My name is Kami and I am constantly afraid. And the thing that scares me the most is the very thing I want.

“Don’t worry,” he smiled, pulling me into the hard warmth of his chest. “I’ve got you. I’ll always catch you when you fall.”

And just like that, Blaine had staked his claim on the untouched part of me that no living soul had ever moved. He had captured every fear, every reservation, and crushed them in the palm of his inked hand.

***Inspired by true events***
Rating – 5 Stars!!
Cover – 4 Stars!!
Emotional Factor - 4.5 stars
Steam Factor – 4 stars 
Ending – HEA YAYYYYY!!

Another amazing book by my girl S.L. Jennings. I love this women!! If you want a sexy, sensual love story with a tatted, pierced sexy as sin bad boy with a great heart then you need to read this book ASAP. It will grab you an hold on to the very last page. I laughed my ass of and I cried my heart out. I loved every second of it. 

"Ewww, Angel!! You know that will never happen. I am strictly dickly," 

But this story isn't only about a sexy bad boy. This story is about abuse, struggle, fear, heartache and how these things can affect you. It's about how the monsters that scares you as a child can very well be the people that are suppose to love and protect you. What makes it even more impacting is that the story is based on true events. 

"We found out just how awful life could really be. We found out that monsters were, indeed, real. They walked among us. They looked just like you and me."

Kami is messed up inside. She is beyond help and lives her life day to day just barely existing. She has shut her heart off from everyone to protect her from the pain she knows comes from those you love the most. She is terrified to let anyone close and only lets her two best friends in because they have Demons of their own. 

“This isn’t some illness I can just take medicine to get rid of, Dom. You of all people should know that. This. Is. Me. My situation isn’t fucked up. I’m fucked up. Completely, irrevocably, fucked up to my core.” 

Blaine my sweet, sensitive, beautiful Blaine, ummmm!! He is ones of those men that you dream about. The sexy, sinful, bad boys with a heart that melts you into a puddle. He is determined, sweet and know what he wants. He is a real life Knight in Shining Armor. When he sets his sites on Kami he soon realizes that he has his work cut out for him, but knows she is worth it. 

"I silently vowed to make life beautiful for her again. To erase the ugliness that her father had left behind years ago. To restore her faith in humanity and make her believe in happily-ever-afters. To be her happily-ever-after."

Not only do you get an amazing hero and heroine but you get their amazing, funny, SEXY and sinful friends. You have Angel the funny, sinful best girlfriend of Kami's. The Dom, Kami's SEXY, sweet but equally messed up best guy friend. And CJ the sexy, funny as hell cousin of Blaine's. These three added so much to the story. They keep you entertained through the book and make you long for friend like them. I personal would LOVEEEEEE to see a book about Dom & CJ. They both have issues and it would be awesome to see some happiness for them. 

"This was us: A modern day, dysfunctional Three’s Company. A lesbian rocker, an insatiable man-whore and a notorious commitment-phobe, all under one roof."

S.L. Jennings has did it again. She has captivated my heart, tore it into pieces, stomped on it a few time and then tried to glue it all back together...lol Her writing is so enthralling that you feel everything her characters do. She is amazing at what she does and I can't wait to see what she has up her sleeve next!!



2 comments: